7.17 What? You Tweeted THAT? (Obj. 5)
The modern workplace is a potential digital minefield. The imprudent use of practically any online toolâ€”whether e-mail, IM, texting, tweeting, blogging, or posting to Facebookâ€”can land workers in hot water and even lead to dismissal. Here are five ways Twitter can get you canned for showing poor judgment:84
1. Sending hate tweets about the boss. Example: My idiot boss said he put in for raises. I think he lies. He is known for that. His daddy owns the company.
2. Lying to the boss and bragging about it. Example: IÂ so lied to my boss . . . I was late but I said I forgot my badge and got away withÂ it.
3. Romancing the boss (kissing and telling). Example: I give the boss what he wants, and the fringe benefits are amazing.
4. Announcing the desire to quit. Example: So close to quitting my job right now. Sometimes I canâ€™t [expletive] stand this place [expletive] moron assistant plant manager Iâ€™m about to deck him.
5. Blocking your boss. Example: i kept my promise . . . my boss thought she was gonna follow me on here . . . i BLOCKED her [expletive] ASAP.